Friday, February 27, 2009

Mike Norton - 5 Quick Questions


Mike Norton is an American comic book artist, notable for his work on Runaways and Gravity. In February 2007, Norton signed an exclusive contract with DC and has worked on the All New Atom, written by Gail Simone. He took over pencil duties on Green Arrow/Black Canary from issue 7, worked on several issues of Countdown to Final Crisis, illustrated a fill-in issue of Blue Beetle #26 and is contributing to the backup stories in DC's upcoming weekly series, Trinity.



He agreed to answer 5 Quick Questions

1) What would you say is your greatest achievement in comics?

To me, my greatest achievement in comics is actually making a living doing comics. That's pretty great to me.

2) Who was your favorite writer or artist that you worked with & why?

That's a really tough one. I'd have to say I've had the most fun with Sean McKeever and Gail Simone.

3) What character you have never worked .., would you like to do & why?

Lots of characters that I love and would work on. Wildcat, Creeper, Power Man and Iron Fist. My favorite of all time would be Blue Beetle.

4) Who are your influences?

John Byrne, John Romita Sr. & Jr., Ross Andru, too many others to list.

5) What hero or villain would you like to change if you could and why?

Dunno... I kinda like everybody how they are! :)

You can check out Mike's site at
http://www.ihatemike.com/

And check out his podcast with Chris Crank, Crankcast, at
http://crankcast.net/

No comments: