Friday, May 1, 2009

Review of Justice Society of America #26 (DC Comics) By Eddie R.

Going out in style.

My review of Justice Society of America #26 is going to be short this week. Why you may ask? Well, not much can be said about the coming of the end of a great run like this book has had, except for two words.

Thank you.



As a reader of many comic titles each month, I personally think this run of Justice Society of America has set the standard for how character development can be, and should be, used within with the DC comics Universe. Where there are a few books which make me feel it’s a chore in order to read them from start to finish, I am glad to say the Geoff Johns and Dale Eaglesham run on Justice Society has been anything but that. And to them, I am extremely thankful.

I am also thankful that this characterization effect has trickled into many other of my favourite DC monthly titles. What will remain to be seen is if the next writers of the JSA series, and all those who will follow in the months and years to come, writing other various stories throughout the DCU, will continue this standard. Only time will tell. And I am willing to wait.

As for the current issue itself. Well, there’s no fighting, no shocking revelations, no internal clashes. It’s just a festive atmosphere of a birthday party, with a look into the family celebrating it.

Personally, if I was ending a very successful run on book, this is how I would want to go.

9/10

Eddie R
Review Editor

No comments: