Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Comic Review: Finding Nemo Reef Rescue #1 (BOOM! Kids) Review by Oliver C.



Finding Nemo, Reef Rescue #1 out of 4 (BOOM! Kids)

This one is for the kids.



I’m starting to think that maybe if I was 5 years old, I would’ve liked this comic better. There are two ways to look at this book: It’s a comic or it’s a kid comic. From my point of view comparing this to the comics I read every day, it was awful and boring. But you have to remember the fact that it was written for kids.




I saw the movie Finding Nemo, and I liked it. This comic has all the same main characters, including the cute little turtle named Bert. It’s full of fun and surprisingly it made me laugh once or twice. Since this is only the first out of four comics the main conflict is introduced but NOT resolved. If you read this comic you will have to read the other three to find out what happens. The comic is true to the movie, but only as true as it could get.

The coral is sick and Nemo and his father Marlin accompanied by Dory, go embark on an adventure to find out what is making the coral ill and to make it better again. The most excitement in this comic is Dory constantly popping up from behind them and frightening Nemo and his father. Unless you are trying to find a fun comic to read to your children or if you are extremely obsessed with Finding Nemo, I suggest finding something else. I think this would be great to introduce your children to comics, or help them along the way to reading the big titles.

This comic is funny, but no more exciting than giving your grandmother a sponge bath only to find out that she invited a few of her friends over to get cleaned as well. And you’re all alone to do it yourself too. Like I said: If you are looking for a comic for your child/children this is great. But if you want something exciting and not 5-year-old-exciting then please, buy something else. I recommend this to kids.

7.5 Out of 10

On Sale July 1st

Review by: Oliver Copeland

No comments: