Friday, July 24, 2009

Comic News: Max Brooks Joins IDW for G.I. JOE Series



New York Times Best Selling author to write miniseries


Another great boon in an already banner year for G.I. JOE, IDW is delighted to announce that New York Times best selling author of World War Z and Zombie Survival Guide Max Brooks will be writing a G.I. JOE miniseries in 2010.

An Emmy-winning writer, Brooks has brought his own unique style to both TV and print. Brooks was part of the writing team for “Saturday Night Live” for forty episodes from 2001 to 2003 and began acting in the 1980s. Brooks’sThe Zombie Survival Guide was released in 2003 and immediately became a fan-favorite. World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War followed in 2006 to both critical- and fan- acclaim, including four weeks on The New York Times Best Seller list.

“Both Chris Ryall (IDW Editor-in-chief) and I read World War Z and we knew we had to try to get Max to write something for us. What we didn’t know is that Max is a huge G.I. JOE fan and had expressed interest in writhing G.I. JOE to (COBRA writer) Christos Gage,” said Andy Schmidt, IDW’s G.I. JOE editor. “Synchronicity ensued and G.I. JOE has never looked or read so well! We’re very pleased to add Max’s vision to the G.I. JOE canon.”

The five-issue miniseries will be the first G.I. JOE comic for Brooks, and his first partnership with IDW.

“I’m thrilled to be working on an icon of my youth, and after this, my next project will be Different Stokes 2.5,” said Brooks.


No comments: