Thursday, July 9, 2009

Toy News: Hasbro, Inc. to Host Charity Premiere of G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra




Benefit supports Hasbro Children’s Hospital and Bradley Hospital


On August 3, fans of the G.I. JOE brand will have an early opportunity to see their favorite action heroes come to life at a special charity premiere of G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra, hosted by Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS). Hasbro is underwriting the entire evening’s festivities, with 100 percent of ticket sales benefiting Hasbro Children’s Hospital and Bradley Hospital. Tickets are on sale now.

“This charity premiere gives Rhode Islanders and G.I. JOE fans the unique opportunity to not only watch their heroes on the big screen, but also to play a part in being a hero themselves by supporting two hospitals that provide vital care to children in our community,” said Brian Goldner, president and chief executive officer of Hasbro, Inc. and producer of G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra. “I am thrilled that we have been able to provide Rhode Islanders with the opportunity to see the film before the rest of the world. After all, this is the birthplace of the G.I. JOE saga!”

Hasbro has a long history of supporting programs that help children triumph over critical life obstacles through its community relations programs – including national and international philanthropic partnerships, cause marketing initiatives, and Team Hasbro, the company’s employee volunteer program. All funds raised at the premiere will support programs and services at the two dedicated pediatric hospitals in Rhode Island – Hasbro Children’s Hospital, ranked among the top 30 children’s hospitals in the country by Parents magazine, and Bradley Hospital, the nation's first psychiatric hospital devoted exclusively to children and adolescents.

According to Goldner, leveraging one of Hasbro’s most iconic and recognizable brands to lead this fundraising effort makes sense for the children who count G.I. JOE action figures among their favorite toys, as well as fans who are eager to see the G.I. JOE story take to the big screen.

“G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra brings to life the tales of heroism and bravery that have been synonymous with the G.I. JOE brand since its launch 45 years ago,” said Goldner. “Hasbro is thrilled to work with Paramount Pictures and director Stephen Sommers to create a film that brings together G.I. JOE fans of all ages to experience this legendary saga.”

G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra will appear in theaters nationwide on August 7, 2009.

In addition to the premiere party and advance screening of G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra, those purchasing tickets will receive a unique gift pack of G.I. JOE products and other Hasbro collectibles. Fans will also have a chance to meet some of the actors from the movie.

The evening will feature a preshow party at the Showcase Cinemas in Warwick, R.I., beginning at 6:15 p.m. with the movie screening at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available now for $75 and can be purchased by calling (401) 727-5637.

For more information about G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, visit www.gijoemovie.com or www.gijoe.com.

No comments: