Saturday, March 13, 2010

Comic Review: Kill Audio #6 (Boom! Studios)



BOOM! Studios' Kill Audio #6 is a bittersweet review for me. On the one hand, I am excited to see Claudio Sanchez's vision for this story come to fruition. On the other hand, I'm sad to see this mini-series end. I've loved every issue, and this issue is no different. Sanchez and co-writer Chondra Echert have brought everything to an action-packed climax filled with the same violence and humor I've come to expect.




In this issue Kill is still trying to do his job as part of the Void and bring order to the chaos that is music, while trying to thwart his brother Art's plan to end the world with a destructive frequency piped through Bone Beaver's brain. This issue opens right in the middle of the fight between brothers that turns in to an all-out brawl complete with a decapitation and someone being cut in half.

Lest you think this is just all about the action, think again. Sanchez once again provides commentary on the juxtaposition of art and order. Bring that up next time your friends say comics are just funny books. (See? You can learn something from comics.)

This is my favorite BOOM! Studios title by far. Fire up the turntable, iPod, or ghetto blaster and rock out with Kill Audio and friends. I can guarantee a good time will be had by all.

Stacy Rader
Review Editor

No comments: