Thursday, March 11, 2010

COMIC REVIEW: A-Team Shotgun Wedding (IDW)



I have mixed feelings about the upcoming A-Team movie. I loved the show as a kid. Mr. T with his "I pity the fool" and Hannibal's "I love it when a plan comes together." I still want a van like theirs. But a movie? And a comic based on said movie? IDW has done such a thing.




In A-Team Shotgun Wedding, writer Tom Waltz and artist Stephen Mooney introduce us to the familiar characters on a mission in the Bering Strait. Mooney draws the team as their current incarnation, with broad strokes of Liam Neeson, Rampage Jackson, and Bradley Cooper. (Even so, when I was reading B.A.'s lines, Mr. T's voice was in my head.) The story was what I would expect from an episode of the show: a little action, a lot of snark, and good guys winning. I'm interested to see how this story goes and how or if it ties into the film.

If you can't wait for the movie, or if you're nostalgic for the old show, this will tide you over. I don't know if it would hold anyone's interest outside of that.

Stacy Rader
Senior Reviewer

No comments: